Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Have Confidence In The Lord

After learning of the condition of Jerusalem, Nehemiah prayed for the Lord to remember His promises to His people and to give him success as he approached the king. As believers, we should also be concerned about the welfare of other believers and ask the Lord to grant us success in all that God calls us to do.

Also, believers should always have confidence in the Lord that He will give us success as we are obedient to His will and calling.


Nehemiah 2:11-13


I went to Jerusalem, and after staying there three days I set out during the night with a few others. I had not told anyone what my God had put in my heart to do for Jerusalem. There were no mounts with me except the one I was riding on.
By night I went out through the Valley Gate toward the JackalWell and the Dung Gate, examining the walls of Jerusalem, which had been broken down, and its gates, which had been destroyed by fire.

As believers, we need to access the situation that we are facing. We should not face our task unprepared. At the same time, we should ask the Lord to examine us.

Psalm 139:23-24 “Search me, O God, and know my heart;  test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”

All believers have been called by God to accomplish His Will. There will be times of trial and opposition. It is during these times that we must place our trust in Jesus and not in our circumstances.


Photo source: http://www.drsunil.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/success-on-mountain-top-shutterstock_115642099.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment