Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Devil Made Me Do It!

 Have you ever heard someone say, "The Devil made me do it!" 



I believe that when some people get in trouble for doing something wrong, they want to blame anyone besides themselves. It is just easier to blame others than it is to accept responsibility for our own actions. So, whom should we blame?

Some blame the Devil and some blame God. But, who is responsible for our sinning?

James 1:13  "When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone."

So, God did not make me sin!

James 1:14-15 "but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death."

And the Devil did not make me sin! 

So, who should I blame for my sin?

OK, I admit it, it is my fault! The only one I can blame for my sin is me.


There is hope for those who have accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior.

1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

So, when I sin, I need to confess my sin and repent of it and Jesus Christ will forgive me and make me clean again.

Do you need to confess any sin today?



Photo Source: http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/diffrent-strokes/images/18022862/title/gary-coleman-arnold-screencap ; http://piccolor.com/image-cartoon-wallpapers-looney-tunes-tasmanian-devil/image-cartoon-wallpapers-looney-tunes-tasmanian-devil-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment